05 Aug 1111 GST Subcommittee meeting
This Wednesday, 3 August 2011 The Tax Institute’s GST Subcommittee met, co-chaired by Suzanne Kneen (Blake Dawson Waldron) and Gina Lazanas (Balazs Lazanas & Welch).
A range of technical issues were discussed at this meeting, including:
- The Tax Institute’s submission with the other professional bodies in response to GSTR 2011/D2 Residential premises and commercial residential premises;
- GSTR 2011/2 Goods and Services Tax: Appropriations;
- A proposed submission in response to draft Miscellaneous Taxation Ruling MT 2011/D1: Application of income tax and GST laws to immediate transfer farm-out arrangements;
- MT 2011/1 and PS LA 2011/26 - Application of penalties and interest charges to the Commonwealth, States, Northern Territory and Australian Capital Territory; and
- A range of recent cases in the GST arena.
Should you require further information in relation to the above, please do not hesitate to contact us at Tax Policy.