09 Feb 12 GST Subcommittee Meeting
This Wednesday, 8 February 2012, The Tax Institute’s GST Subcommittee met, chaired by Suzanne Kneen FTIA (Blake Dawson).
A range of technical issues were discussed at this meeting, including:
- A proposed submission in relation to the A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Amendment Regulations 2012 Exposure Draft in respect of financial supplies made to trusts and hire purchase agreements;
- Draft ATO ID that has been released for discussion in respect of a GST-free supply of a going concern which excludes the supply of things not necessary for the continued operation of the enterprise;
- Practitioners’ experiences in obtaining interim GST refunds post the Full Federal Court’s decision in FCT v Multiflex Pty Ltd  FCAFC 142;
- A range of recent ATO rulings, determinations and ATO IDs released in the GST sphere; and
- A range of recent, significant GST cases.
Should you require further information in relation to the above, please do not hesitate to contact us at Tax Policy.