14 Feb 2019 Ian Taylor will not serve third term as TPB Chair
Former Board Chair, Ian Taylor announced that he would not be serving a third term as Board Chair ending his six-year appointment with the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) on 21 January 2019.
In Issue 29 of TPB e-news, the TPB acknowledged that Mr Taylor made a significant contribution to the development of the TPB and has been involved in the tax arena for many years making a number of contributions including: as an educator, a professional advisor, tax agent and regulator.
Under Ian’s stewardship, the TPB has successfully delivered on many key achievements including:
- introducing nearly 20,000 tax (financial) advisers into our regulatory framework
- improving the client experience through ongoing improvements to the TPB’s online services
- ensuring that non-compliant tax practitioners are held to account
- the introduction of the tax practitioner symbol and annual declaration process
- developing streamlined processes for registrations and investigations.
Greg Lewis has been appointed Acting Chair until a permanent appointment has been made.
Read more here.