IGOT's follow up review into the ATO's implementation of agreed recommendations in 5 previous reports released
17 Nov 2014
In a media release issued on 14 November 2014, the Acting Assistant Treasurer, Senator Mathias Cormann, announced the release of the Inspector-General of Taxation (IGOT) report entitled "Follow up review into the Australian Taxation Office’s implementation of agreed recommendations in five reports released between August 2009 and November 2010".
Senator Cormann said that the IGOT found that all recommendations had been actioned, were being actioned or will be addressed in later IGOT reviews.
The five reports are as follows:
- Review of the Tax Office's administration of public binding advice
- Review into the underlying causes and the management of objection to Tax Office decisions
- Review into the non-lodgement of individual income tax returns
- Review into aspects of the Tax Office’s settlement of active compliance activities
- Review into the Australian Taxation Office’s administration of the Superannuation Guarantee Charge