MEMBER 52 writes:
“Received my Client List off the Portal to see what’s shown as NOT LODGED.
I have five types of NOT LODGED:
- returns for new entities formed in the last few months
- returns for clients where the indicator field on the 2012 return was completed showing it was a FINAL return
- returns for clients where we went through this process last year and lodged No Further Returns Necessary forms on the Portal with a Receipt
- returns for clients where we went through this process the year before last year and lodged CU forms via ELS with a Validation Report
- returns that are actually Not Lodged yet.
It has taken me all day yesterday to sort through the five types – have called the Lodgment area at the ATO – ‘they are known issues – don’t worry, we know the 2013 returns aren’t necessary’.
So why can’t agents be given a report out of the SAME SYSTEM that tells them the SAME THING – it’s ridiculous.
What are the 85% percentages worked out on – the report the ATO provides to me or the information they hold?”