10 Jun 2021 Member Engagement
Conversations happening in Community this week:
- 2022 FY Update – all things super: What’s new from 1 July 2021, outstanding amendments from previous budgets and key reminders from one of your fellow members.
- CGT Issue – Legal not Beneficial Owner: Conversation continues on this client question. Share your thoughts on the best approach.
- Timeline for subsisting UPEs & Div7a (Current rules): A member has raised a question around distribution of profits from a family trust to a corporate beneficiary. Share your perspective.
- Cost Base of Inherited Shares: A member is having trouble getting cost base information for inherited shares from the LPR. Is there any legal requirement that this be provided?
- ATO Consultation – client verification: We’re looking for your views on the ATO Consultation Paper seeking feedback on proposed guidelines for client verification within tax and superannuation practices.
Want to weigh in on the conversations above, or start your own? Sign up for a free Community account to start talking with other members of The Tax Institute today.