24 Jun 1111 Message from the ATO regarding TaxTime 2011
Tax Counsel Tamera Lang ATIA attended the ATPF TaxTime Working Group teleconference on Thursday 23 June 2011. The ATO advised the working group on the progress that has been made on implementing system changes for the upcoming TaxTime season.
As a result of the teleconference, the ATO would like to pass on the following message to tax agents.
Tax Time 2011 is on track with the following critical dates identified:
- All testing is now completed and deployment of system changes will occur over weekend 25/26 June 2011
- Production pilot scheduled to end Tuesday 5 July
- Processing to start Wednesday 6 July
- EFT refunds should start to appear from 14 July
Preparation and training is well underway for our call centre staff to be ready for Tax Time.
Please also note:
- A 2011 return lodged before 6 July will not be visible on the portal before that time
- That 2010 and prior year returns can continue to be lodged and processed from Monday 27 June so they will not be impacted throughout this time
- We do not anticipate any returns being held in our processing safety net (after 5 July) compared to 2010.
- Avoiding common errors improves the likelihood that a return will be processed within service standard
- Online updates clearly showing ATO processing performance will be published weekly from July to the end of October
If members experience difficulties with the ATO's systems during TaxTime 2011, The Tax Institute will be able to directly communicate the issues to senior levels within the ATO and help with the resolution of the issues. Please contact us at Tax Policy.