The new IGOT work program consists of the following reviews:
- Review into aspects of the ATO's use of compliance risk assessment tools;
- Review into the ATO's administration of penalties;
- Review of the ATO's management of transfer pricing matters;
- Review into aspects of the ATO's compliance approaches to individual taxpayers; and
- Review of the ATO's interaction with the Australian Valuation Office.
Two further topics which received strong stakeholder support for inclusion in the work program were:
- the ATO's administration of the general anti-avoidance rules; and
- the ATO's services and support for tax practitioners.
Whilst the IGOT acknowledges the importance of both issues, having regard to recent developments in these areas, consideration will be given to conducting such reviews once the initial five reviews are completed.