18 Feb 1111 NTLG FBT Sub-committee
Greg Kent FTIA (PricewaterhouseCoopers) and Deepti Paton ATIA attended the NTLG FBT Sub-committee meeting on Thursday 15 February 2011.
At the meeting, the ATO discussed the following agenda items:
- Assistant Treasurer’s Media Release No.011, 18 November 2010; Providing certainty for the taxation of fly-in/fly-out employees working overseas.
- Documentation lost or destroyed – Queensland floods and other natural disasters
- Administration and record keeping – natural disasters
- Calculation of taxable value of fringe benefits – Queensland floods and other natural disasters
- Car fringe benefit – holding period
- Consideration of issues from Investa Properties Limited v Federal Commissioner of Taxation
- Application of section 58X to a laptop computer used for self education and other self education expenses