08 Apr 11 On client update forms
MEMBER 58 writes:
"I note a few Member comments on the client update forms.
These forms obviously have a low priority in processing, and in the past were sometimes manually processed by the ATO. Thus these forms in the past many years have been unreliable in updating client lists. A very long standing issue.
If an agent wants to tidy up his ATO client list then unfortunately you will need to:
- request a client list from the ATO Portal, sort it to not lodged, and not necessary,
- work out which ones you want to delete,
- in the Portal; put in the TFN of the client,
- when the client is selected, choose 'Authorisation Summary',
- then choose 'Remove Client',
- then ensure your address is taken off with the 'Update' address function (otherwise you will get the mail still).
You will find all sorts of people long gone as a client, dead and simply no idea of who they are. This is time consuming for us but seems to fix it.
But of course the client update form should work and we shouldn't have to be doing all this.
Hope this helps, colleagues. Thanks TAXVINE."