Your shopping cart is empty

14 Jun 2019 Regarding Member 138’s comment ‘Education loan’

TaxVine 20 (31 May 2019) 

ATO response: 

If your client had been overseas for 183 days or more, then for loan account purposes they are considered a non-resident. This means that the client should have reported their worldwide income via the non-resident foreign income schedule rather than an Australian domestic tax return, this schedule can be found via the Practitioner Lodgment Service (PLS) or myTax for self- lodgers. More information around this type of reporting can be found on our website; Calculating non-resident foreign income for HELP and TSL debtors

If your client does not fit into the category above, you can contact the ATO to review the outcome of the assessment in order toascertain if the return has been processed correctly for their circumstances. What if you think your assessment is wrong? 

Your client can make a voluntary repayment using ATO Online Services via myGov. View your loan balance online.


Media Release Search
Eg. TD 2005/D52 ALL words EXACT phrase WITHOUT words Date range
From To