22 Aug 14
RRT Working Group
On Wednesday 23 July 2014, Len Hertzman CTA (Ashurst) attended a meeting of the RRT Working Group. At the meeting, various issues were discussed, including:
- An update was given in relation to the ATO’s Strategic Intent;
- The future role of the RRT Working Group which will become the Energy and Resources Working Group and will consider issues beyond the PRRT and MRRT;
- Practical implications for taxpayers stemming from the fact the MRRT is not yet repealed;
- Consideration of additional topics for PRRT guidance and rulings; and
- Development of a strategy document for the Energy & Resources Industry.
Members who seek further information in relation to the above should contact us at Tax Policy.