11 Nov 2021 Small Business Measures
JobMaker – Fourth claim period now open
The fourth claim period for JobMaker Hiring Credit payments is now open.
If your business is eligible:
- Register – use ATO online services, Online services for business or a registered tax or BAS agent;
- Nominate your additional eligible employees – run payroll events through your Single Touch Payroll-enabled software;
- Claim – use ATO online services, Online services for business, or a registered tax or BAS agent.
Eligible businesses can claim the JobMaker Hiring Credit for up to a year for each additional eligible employee hired between 7 October 2020 and 6 October 2021. More information can be found here.
Member-only JobMaker guide
The Tax Institute’s Senior Advocate, Robyn Jacobson, CTA, has written a member-only guide (dated December 2020), ‘JobMaker Hiring Credit: your complete guide’, in cooperation with the ATO. The guide breaks down the need-to-know facts of JobMaker and provides a useful example so you can see, at-a-glance, how the scheme applies in practice.
The guide sets out:
- the key points of the new JobMaker Hiring Credit payment program;
- JobMaker payment rates;
- a schedule of JobMaker periods, and registration and claim deadlines;
- the eligibility conditions for qualifying entities and eligible additional employees;
- how to calculate the JobMaker Hiring Credit entitlement;
- a worked example; and
- links to technical references and further information.
Download your member-only guide here.
Fact sheet: Home-based business expenses
If you have clients who are claiming deductions for home-based business expenses, the ATO’s updated fact sheet can help them understand when they may be able to claim running and occupancy expenses.