23 Jul 1212 Tax focus for the year ahead
Following the release of the ATO's Compliance program for 2012-13, the ATO has published the following:
- Media release No 2012/30, issued 19 July 2012, entitled "Tax focus for the year ahead"
- What is the ATO's approach to compliance?
- What are the key areas of focus?
- How does the ATO decide which industries to focus on for compliance activity?
- Why is the Compliance Program important to Australian taxpayers?
- Compliance Program - current areas of focus as at 11 July 2012
- What occupations will the Tax Office be particularly keeping in its sights this year and why?
- What examples do you have of receipt substitutes (i.e. Facebook photos) that have been rejected?
- What are the consequences for people who try to make claims without valid proof?
- How many and what value of tax claims were rejected last year?
- Compliance program 2012-13 now available (Broadcast message to agents 20 July 2012)