11 Feb 2021 Tax Practitioners Board
New Exposure Drafts released
The Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) has released two new exposure drafts in relation to continuing professional education for registered tax and BAS agents and financial advisers from 1 July 2021.
- Explanatory Paper TPB(EP) D43/2021: Continuing professional education requirements for registered tax and BAS agents
- Explanatory Paper TPB(EP) D44/2021: Continuing professional education policy requirements for registered tax (financial) advisers
Law changes from 1 January 2021
A reminder that from 1 January 2021, some law changes to the Tax Agent Services Act 2009 will affect the following areas:
- Professional indemnity (PI) insurance
- Lodgment of registration renewal application
- Surrender of registration with no formal investigation on foot
- Service of notices
- How documents may be given.
An overview of how the changes may impact you can be found here.