The Tax institute issued a media release on 2 August: “Deferred Start for Self-education Cap a Positive Step” in response to the Government’s Economic Statement.
On 2 August Senior Tax Counsel, Robert Jeremenko was also interviewed live on ABC news 24 TV regarding the Government’s economic statement.
On 6 August The Tax institute was quoted in Dynamic Business: “Nothing to excite SMEs in latest economic statement” in relation to the Government’s economic update.
The Tax Institute was quoted on 7 August in the SMH: “Don’t fall foul of taxing questions” in relation to using a tax agent to prepare your income tax return.
On 7 August The Tax Institute issued a media release: “Opposition proposal to cut company tax a welcome boost” in response to the Opposition’s announced plans to cut the company tax rate and ongoing debate around the rate and base of GST.
The abovementioned media release had same day coverage online in every major newspaper across the country:
- Australian Financial Review election blog
- BRW: “Abbott promised table cut for companies”
- Dynamic Business: “Coalition announces it would cut company tax rate by 1.5%”
- Smart Company: “Small business welcomes coalition’s $5 billion company tax cut pledge – but plenty will miss out”
- 9News online: “Business wants wider tax reform”
- AAP Publications “Business wants wider tax reform” and “Budget finds right balance, Swan says” including The Australian, SMH, The Age, News.com.au, The Courier Mail,The Trading Room, Herald Sun, Daily Telegraph, Brisbane Times and Ninemsn.
In addition to print and online articles, Senior Tax Counsel Robert Jeremenko also gave radio interviews with 2GB, 2SM and ABC Statewide drive.
On 8 August further media coverage regarding the company tax rate cut and GST were in two articles in the Australian Financial Review: “Business row over GST, parental leave” and “Tax cut sparks calls for funding details”.