08 Nov 1313 The Tax Institute in the Media
This week The Tax Institute has had extensive media coverage in relation to the Government's announced plans to tackle the tax law backlog:
- On 4 November, we were quoted on the front page of the Australian Financial Review: ‘Hockey to tackle tax law backlog’
- We were again quoted in the Australian Financial Review on 5 November: ‘Trusts are a business priority in clearing the tax fog’.
- On 6 November, The Tax Institute issued a media release: ‘Unwelcome tax changes scrapped as the fog of tax law starts to clear’ in response to the Government's announced plans to tackle the tax law backlog.
- The Australian Financial Review ran quotes from our media release on the same day: ‘Hockey readies spending cuts’.
- On 6 November, Senior Tax Counsel Robert Jeremenko was interviewed by Jon Faine on 774 ABC Melbourne and ABC Radio SE QLD.
- We were also quoted in Smart Company: ‘Cap on education expense tax deductions scrapped as Government axes seven inherited tax policies’
- Also on 6 November, Tax Counsel Stephanie Caredes was interviewed live on SkyNews Business.
- On 7 November, Stephanie Caredes was interviewed live on ABC News Breakfast by Virginia Trioli.
- We were also quoted on 7 November on the front page of the Australian Financial Review: ‘Hockey readies spending cuts’