This week The Tax Institute has had extensive media coverage in relation to the Government's announced plans to tackle the tax law backlog:
- On 4 November, we were quoted on the front page of the Australian Financial Review: ‘Hockey to tackle tax law backlog’
- We were again quoted in the Australian Financial Review on 5 November: ‘Trusts are a business priority in clearing the tax fog’.
- On 6 November, The Tax Institute issued a media release: ‘Unwelcome tax changes scrapped as the fog of tax law starts to clear’ in response to the Government's announced plans to tackle the tax law backlog.
- The Australian Financial Review ran quotes from our media release on the same day: ‘Hockey readies spending cuts’.
- On 6 November, Senior Tax Counsel Robert Jeremenko was interviewed by Jon Faine on 774 ABC Melbourne and ABC Radio SE QLD.
- We were also quoted in Smart Company: ‘Cap on education expense tax deductions scrapped as Government axes seven inherited tax policies’
- Also on 6 November, Tax Counsel Stephanie Caredes was interviewed live on SkyNews Business.
- On 7 November, Stephanie Caredes was interviewed live on ABC News Breakfast by Virginia Trioli.
- We were also quoted on 7 November on the front page of the Australian Financial Review: ‘Hockey readies spending cuts’