This week The Tax Institute received extensive media coverage following the release of the Federal Budget on Tuesday 13 May 2014.
On 9 May 2014, The Tax Institute is quoted with respect to fuel excise indexation in the Australian Financial Review and Sydney Morning Herald. Also, on 12 May 2014, The Tax Institute was quoted in an online article by Dynamic Business New fuel tax to hit smaller operators
On 13 May 2014, The 2014 Federal Budget was announced.
Following the Budget release, The Tax Institute issued a media statement and was quoted in various articles nationally, including, The Australian Financial Review - Joe Hockey hands down the budget and The Age: Call for greater tax reform
Other media related to the release of the Budget:
• On Budget Night 2014 – Senior Tax Counsel Robert Jeremenko was interviewed live by Ross Greenwood on 2GB radio, and following that he was interviewed live from Parliament House in Canberra on SkyNews Business TV.
• On Wednesday 14 May 2014, The Tax Institute was quoted online on News.com.au regarding the debt problem in Australia in the article, Urgent meeting call as GST rise debate looms
• On 14 May 2014, The Tax Institute was quoted online on Yahoo7 News following the Budget - Budget 2014 business welcomes budget but accountants argue Joe Hockey's job only half done Joe Hockey's job only half done and also in The Sydney Morning Herald - Calls for greater tax reform
• Also on 14 May 2014, Tax Counsel Stephanie Caredes was interviewed on 2UE’s Drive with Justin Smith radio show and 2GB radio regarding the Budget.
• On Thursday 15 May 2014, Senior Tax Counsel Robert Jeremenko was interviewed live on ABC News Breakfast regarding the Budget - Tax Institute welcomes renewed debate. Robert Jeremenko was also quoted in the ABC’s Business in 90 Seconds update.
• Also on Thursday 15 May 2014, The Tax Institute was quoted in an online article on Yahoo7 News, Budget 2014 - Bill Shorten leaves room to support debt levy ahead of budget reply