06 Sep 10 TPB sends nominee renewal letter
The Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) has advised that nominees of tax agents may recently have received a letter from the TPB with the heading 'Your registration is due for renewal'. In this letter the TPB is:
- not asking the nominee to renew immediately, rather the TPB is advising them of the date they will need to renew by in the future
- letting the nominee know that nominees no longer exist in the new tax practitioners regime as of 1 March 2010, and that they are now considered to be registered as an individual tax agent
- providing the nominee with their individual tax agent number and security code
- reminding the nominee to check the new registration requirements that will be required when they renew, and
- reminding the nomiee to check their information and use the online form to update their details if required.
The TPB says it will send the nominee a reminder closer to their registration renewal date.