The ATO advises that this year it will be paying close attention to claims from people employed in the following occupations:
- earthmoving plant operators
- flight attendants
- carpenters and joiners, including apprentices and trainees, and
- real estate employees.
The most common mistakes made by people in these occupations include:
- not having sufficient documentation to support motor vehicle and travel expenses
- incorrectly claiming motor vehicle expenses on the basis of carrying bulky equipment, and
- incorrectly claiming home office, mobile phone and internet expenses.
For more information go here.