An essential resource for any practitioner advising on the CGT small business reliefs.
The CGT small business reliefs continue to be very significant in practice, with ongoing developments making it increasingly important for practitioners to have access to a reliable reference and analysis tool.
This new edition, covering the latest developments, helps you understand and work with the law, and apply the reliefs in practice.
New coverage in the eighth edition includes:
- the decision of the Full Federal Court in Devuba where the issue was the operation (in the particular circumstances) of the small business participation percentage definition where a dividend access share was on issue;
- the decision of the Federal Court in Breakwell which considered whether a so-called statute-barred debt was still a CGT asset for the purposes of the maximum net asset value test;
- the reversal by the Commissioner of his view that an appointor under a discretionary trust deed controlled the trust;
- the Commissioner’s views on how an unpaid present entitlement is to be taken into account when applying the maximum net asset value test; and
- the implications of the CGT “earnout” amendments.
The print and eBook editions incorporate changes that were known by 21 March 2016. The online edition will be updated as developments occur.
Key features and benefits:
- details the legislative changes to the connected entity rules
- deals with recent legislative changes affecting the CGT concession stakeholder test
- covers the Full Federal Court’s decision in the Bell case, relevant to how the maximum net asset value test operates
- supporting case studies help you understand and apply the reliefs in practice
- tips and traps highlight strategies and pitfalls
- covers the implications of relevant court and AAT decisions
- details ATO-released information (including determinations and issues in the NTLG Losses and CGT Subcommittee meeting minutes)
- expands on various aspects of the CGT small business reliefs and their practical operation.
Annual online subscription service includes:
- 12 months of access to the online book, with updates
- interactive eLearning with reference links back to the online book (4 CPD hours)
- a copy of the eBook edition, at no extra cost.
Written by John Gaal, TaxCounsel
Purchase the book and online subscription and save 25% discount off the total price.
Also available as an online book on the Tax Knowledge eXchange
Subscribe to the Tax Knowledge eXchange with our online books option and you'll receive full online access to the CGT Small Business Reliefs Handbook, along with seven other leading guides and handbooks, a host of additional content and up to 30 CPD hours.
Find out more.
Order Ebook Online subscription Book only order 14 day trial file_download Order form
|eBook only - Downloadable on iPad, eReader and Kindle devices only
|Online Subscription Package (includes 4 CPD Hours)
|Printed book, online subscription and eBook package (4 CPD hours)