Save 20% when you place your order using campaign code: Summer Sale
Division 7A continues to be a significant consideration when advising or attending to the affairs of a private company and it is vital to have an up-to-date reference which is devoted to the practical operation of the provisions.
The Division 7A Handbook is out now in a completely revised and updated eighth edition, publishing November 2017.
Matters covered include:
- a list of the amendments proposed to Div 7A which have been announced and are to apply from mid-2018;
- TD 2015/20: whether a release by a private company of its unpaid present entitlement is a “payment” for the purposes of Div 7A;
- TD 2015/18: what the lodgment day is for a private company that is a subsidiary member of a consolidated group;
- PCG 2017/13: how unpaid present entitlements under sub-trust arrangements maturing in the 2017 or 2018 income years are to be treated; and
- the benchmark interest rates.
Key features and benefits:
- checklists identifying both problems and possible solutions
- examples and precedents reflecting the current law and ATO practice
- explains the interaction of Div 7A with other areas of law, such as FBT and family law
- gives guidance on what to do if a problem is discovered.
Annual online subscription service includes:
- 12 months of access to the online book, with updates
- interactive eLearning with reference links back to the online book (3 CPD hours).
Written by John Gaal, TaxCounsel. Law stated as at 24 September 2017.
Also available as an online book on the Tax Knowledge eXchange
Subscribe to the Tax Knowledge eXchange with our online books option and you'll receive full online access to the Division 7A Handbook, along with eight other leading guides and handbooks, a host of additional content, and up to 32 CPD hours.
Find out more.