This is a highly practical guide for accountants, financial planners and lawyers.
Australia’s most comprehensive estate planning and business succession guide has been fully revised and updated. Make sure you’ve got your copy.
This edition contains a comprehensive range of updates, current as at 30 June 2018, including:
- Superannuation transitional cap rules and their impact on death benefits, reversionary pensions and child death benefit pensions
- Recent cases on superannuation death benefit nominations and conflicts of interests for trustees and executors
- SME business succession - governance and residency issues
- Considerations for share buy-backs
- Dividend stripping rules
- Trust splitting and cloning - the changing landscape
- Small business CGT concessions for deceased estates
- ATO Budget announcement on testamentary trusts
- Recent changes in powers of attorney legislation
- Updated rules for private and public ancillary funds
- Centrelink issues for aged care accommodation.
Key features and benefits:
- provides a thorough overview of succession planning laws in every jurisdiction
- presents case studies, tips, diagrams and strategies to ensure the best outcome
- discusses pitfalls to be aware of and troubleshooting techniques
- covers all succession planning topics, including:
- wills and powers of attorney
- testamentary trusts
- claims against estates
- family trusts
- international estate planning
- tax consequences of death
- family law and death
- business succession planning.
The annual online subscription includes:
- 12 months of unlimited access to the online book;
- interactive eLearning with reference links back to the online book (3.5 CPD hours)
Also available as an online book on the Tax Knowledge eXchange
Subscribe to the Tax Knowledge eXchange with our online books option and you'll receive full online access to Estate & Business Succession Planning, along with nine other leading guides and handbooks, and a host of additional content and up to 32 CPD hours.
Online subscription Printed Book order
|Book only - Seventh edition only
|Usually $195 - now $97.50
|Usually $220 - now $110
|Online subscription (Includes 3.5 structured CPD hours) - Eighth edition