Fully revised and updated for the latest developments in tax and trusts law, the highly respected Trust Structures Guide is now in its 11th edition.
Key features and benefits:
- accounts for "real-life" planning issues as well as legislative and case law interpretations
- user-friendly format with a "key points" guide for every structure
- offers "at-a-glance" detail on the full range of trusts
- features structuring checklists
- descriptive diagrams illustrate the different uses of trusts.
What's new in the 11th edition?
- Trustee powers to determine income following Segelov v Ernst & Young Services Pty Ltd  NSWCA 156
- Trustee fiduciary obligations following Hancock v Rinehart  NSWSC 646
- Superannuation new concessional contributions caps, the 10% rule for deductions on contributions, non-arm's length income and limited recourse borrowing arrangements, investments in unit trusts, and trustee duties in related party transactions following Australasian Annuities Pty Ltd (in liq) v Rowley Super Fund Pty Ltd  VSCA 9
- Unpaid present entitlements and the maximum net asset value test (ATO TR 2015/D2), bad debt deductions (ATO TD 2015/D5) and release by corporate beneficiaries (ATO TD 2015/D4)
- Anti-avoidance amendments to Part IVA, updated ATO Practice Statement PS LA 2005/24 and Taxpayer Alerts
- Profit allocation in professional firms and how the ATO Guidelines apply to risk assessment and allocation
- Division 7A and the Board of Taxation’s post-implementation review
- Family Law settlements and the application of trust law principles following Stanford v Stanford  HCA 52
- Resettlement considerations following Oswal v FC of T  FCA 745
- GST considerations following Anderson v FC of T  AATA 167
- Trust Law Reform developments.
Also available as an online subscription, including:
- unlimited online book access for 12 months
- 3 structured CPD hours
- interactive eLearning with reference links back to the online book
- a copy of the eBook edition included at no extra cost.
Purchase your print copy with your online version as a package and you’ll save 25% and receive the eBook edition free.
Written by Sladen Legal.
Purchase your print copy with your online version as a package and you’ll save 25% and receive the eBook Edition free.
Also available on the Tax Knowledge eXchange
Subscribe to the Tax Knowledge eXchange with our online books option and you'll receive full online access to the Trust Structures Guide, nine other practical guides and handbooks, a host of additional content and up to 32 CPD hours. Find out more.