Beware of trust conundrums!
Published on 20 Feb 2014
| Took place at Leonda by the Yarra, Hawthorn
The Taxation of Trusts Review being undertaken by the Commissioner still remains unresolved. In the meantime, practitioners must not lose sight of the structuring, compliance and regulatory issues involved in the operation of trusts for business or investment.
This session considered:
- undertaking a trust deed audit – lost, unsigned and unstamped
- trustee duties – how to discharge them and avoid a breach
- invalid exercises of power by the trustee – what next?
- variation of trusts – the state of play with resettlement risks
- esting of trusts – how, when and why?