Common stamp duty pitfalls for SMEs
Published on 28 Feb 2014
| Took place at City West Receptions, West Perth
Next year will mark 5 years of the Duties Act but many common pitfalls remain. With a focus on SMEs, this seminar will explore some of these pitfalls and practical suggestions for how to deal with them, including:
- change of purchaser and nominees – how to prevent double duty
- options, including put and call options
- conditional contracts – when do I need to lodge and pay?
- cancelled contracts – what is required to get the duty back?
- transfers from deceased estates
- transfers to and from trusts (including super funds and instalment trusts) – when is duty payable and what exemptions are available?
- issue and transfer of shares/units – when will the landholder rules be an issue?
- transfers of businesses.