Difficult practical property tax issues or 25 things I hate about property tax – Part 1
Published on 26 Mar 2014
| Took place at Online, SA
This session examined difficult issues that regularly arise in practice. Among other things, presenters considered whether you can legitimately reduce exposure to:
- GST by regulating, using the margin scheme and/or relying on the going concern treatment?
- land tax by using trusts?
- stamp duty by using 'equity bonds' or 'cloning', or partitioning and sub-dividing?
- CGT by using the Division 152 concessions with commercial rental properties?
- Division 7A by licensing or incorporating?
- family disputes by using discretionary trusts, loans and mortgages?