Family Law, Tax and Family Breakdown
Published on 26 Oct 2010
| Took place at Cooper Grace Ward Lawyers, Brisbane
The ground has shifted in estate planning, particularly for divorce. The old certainties about trusts have disappeared. This thought provoking event will provided a Tax and Trust Lawyers perspective on the topic of Family Law, Tax and Family Breakdown.
Topics covered included:
- when are interests in a trust property of parties to the marriage?
- strategies to prevent trust assets being included as property of the parties to the marriage
- Part VIIIAA – orders against third parties
- Section 105B – transactions to defeat claims
- status of unpaid present entitlements
- issues where tax distributions differ from accounting distributions
- access to trust information.