Key SMSF Developments
Published on 28 Oct 2011
| Took place at Leonda by the Yarra, Hawthorn
There have been significant changes in the SMSF field in recent months, with the release of SMSFR 2011/D1 and TR 2011/D3.
These impact on SMSF borrowings and pensions (including and succession planning). This
event focused on:
- what the recent draft ruling on SMSF borrowings means for advisers and key actions that must be taken
- strategic tips to add value for SMSF clients looking to borrow in light of the ruling
- the most common SMSF borrowing mistakes - and how to avoid them!
- how the controversial draft pensions ruling impacts SMSFs and how advisers can
use it to assist clients
- what succession plans need to be reviewed in light of the draft pension ruling and
what it means for reversionary pensions.