Loss Carry Backs
Published on 20 Jun 2013
| Took place at The Tax Institute, Sydney
The loss carry back rules are expected to be available for the year ending 30 June 2013 and
subsequent years. Legislation to implement the rules is expected to be enacted shortly.
Loss carry back will have tangible benefits for the SME sector. This practical presentation
provided an overview of the new rules and explore their benefits and limitations including:
- Who is eligible to claim?
- What losses are eligible for carry back?
- What are the other pre-conditions?
- What are the time limits and the transitional provisions?
- What is the maximum loss carry-back amount?
- What other issues need to be considered (e.g. the COT and the SBT, integrity rules, etc.).