My Client: The Junior Explorer
Published on 18 Sep 2012
| Took place at RACV Club, Melbourne, VIC
This seminar looked at the tax implications for your clients who are junior explorers. The seminar provided an overview of general considerations together with an in-depth look at the issues facing such companies as they expand overseas.
Part I: General considerations
- deductibility of exploration costs
- impact of capital raisings
- employment tax issues (shares and options issued to employees and directors)
- implications of farm-ins and farm-outs
Part II: Offshore expansion
- structuring offshore exploration activity
- deductibility of head office costs
- treatment of funding offshore activities
Part III: Resource Taxes
- overview of the MRRT and PRRT regimes
- implications for junior explorers.