Private Companies - Different Classes of Shares
Published on 07 Jul 2011
| Took place at Parkroyal, Parramatta
Can having different classes of shares in a private company be the answer to your problems or does it just create a whole new set of issues? This is a critical question many practitioners contemplate from time to time when offering structuring advice to their clients.
Through a series of practical examples, this event looked at different classes of shares in the context of:
- tax considerations when issuing new classes of shares in existing companies
- dividend access shares and the issue of shares to discretionary trusts as planning strategies
- using class of shares as part of succession planning for a family business
- managing the impact on small business concession eligibility
- use as part of an employee share scheme style arrangement.
This event was part of the Breakfast Club and was also run on the 5th July in Sydney.
Get a 20% discount when you buy all the items from this event.