Tax advocacy - Writing to Win
Published on 29 Aug 2013
| Took place at Leonda by the Yarra, Melbourne, VIC
The preparation of objections, penalty remission and general interest charge remission
requests and settlement offers can be deceptively complex because of the legislative
framework and the ATO’s administrative practice.
This presentation discusses tips, traps and examples for preparing more effective written
- writing style lessons from SD Stark and GT Pagone
- addressing legislative authority, administrative practice and tax policy
- addressing assessments, determinations and exercise of discretion
- preparing objections
- preparing penalty and GIC remission requests
- preparing settlement offers and deeds.