Tax, Bricks & Mortar - Latest Issues for SMEs and Property Investors
Published on 22 Jul 2011
| Took place at Sydney Harbour Marriott, Sydney
Property is often one of the biggest investments that your clients will make, and this is an area that is always changing.
This event covered topics such as:
- tax and property update
- GST and residential premises – whether you’re subdividing your backyard or converting a hotel or office building to units, or anything in between, this has been a moving feast since GST came in nearly 11 years ago, and the changes keep on coming
- MIT property investments – As MITs get their own set of tax rules, the structuring of property investments has many pitfalls and needs careful planning
- tax considerations for new, and not so new, property developers
- self managed super funds – Borrowing to fund property investments through super still seems to be flavour of the month, but it has to be done right
- open panel discussion – These and other topics will be brought to life using case studies to discuss many of the issues that often arise in practice
- land tax and stamp duty.
Please note Peter Bobbin's (session 5) materials can be downloaded from the 4th Annual Tax Forum on delivered on the 19th May 2011.
Get a 20% discount when you buy all the items from this event.