Taxation of Not for Profit Entities
Published on 24 Aug 2011
| Took place at Oaks on Collins, Melbourne
The taxation of the not for profit sector is undergoing significant change as a result of judicial trends and new legislation against a back drop of intense ATO scrutiny of the sector. The challenges facing those involved in the not for profit sector are often underestimated.
This event explored these developments including:
- review of the meaning of "charitable" following Word Investments and Aid/Watch
- budget announcements and the establishment of the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission
- ATO update
- the difference between a fund and institution
- ATO endorsement: Tips and traps
- the difference between charitable institutions and PBIs
- the fundraising rules.
Get a 20% discount when you buy all the items from this event.