The Basics on Stamp Duty (and the not so basics)
Published on 28 Sep 2012
| Took place at The Melbourne Hotel, Perth
This event was both an introduction and a refresher on the basics of Western Australian duty, but also an exploration of the more complex issues facing practitioners and corporate tax managers in the context of land and mining transactions.
The presenters covered the stamp duty framework, recent developments in the field of stamp duty and some of the more complex areas to look out for. Issues covered include:
- a greater appreciation of what transactions could be subject to duty
- better placed to understand the trigger points and what to look out for
- practical issues around what to do when a duty liability arises and managing the lodgement
- the way forward for stamp duty and what will be important
- the landholder regime and its increased significance in the stamp duty landscape.