Published on 29 Oct 03
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
The issues covered in this seminar paper include:
- what liabilities are
- dealing with linked liabilities, and off-balance
- allowing for present or future tax deductions
- issues relating to intercompany debts
- allowing for unrealised gains and losses
- debt/equity issues
- finance and operating leases
- provision for taxes and deferred tax liabilities
- discharge of liabilities and CGT event L7
- transitional treatment of unfrankable undistributable profits
- profits accruing to a group in a creeping takeover
- intragroup dividends and their impact on step 3
- profits which recoup losses.
Tony is a Partner in the Ernst & Young National Tax Group and has been involved with tax consolidation since
its creation emerging from the Ralph RBT. Tony was a member of the Tax Consolidation Joint Design team of Treasury, ATO
and professionals, and remains a member of the NTLG Consolidation Subcommittee and various working groups dealing with
consolidation practice, emerging law and ATO compliance initiatives for consolidating groups. Tony is a member of the ICAA
National Tax Technical Committee and chairs it’s Consolidation Working Group.
Current at 9 February 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Tony STOLAREK.
Further details about this event: