Published on 29 Oct 09
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- what transactions/situations can be hedged?
- what instruments can be used as hedges?
- what are the requirements to come within the tax-hedge rules?
- what are the tax-status and tax-timing matching rules?
- can tax effective hedging be achieved without resort to the tax-hedge rules?
Anthony Frost CTA
Tony is the Managing Director of Greenwoods & Freehills. With more than 25 years experience in tax, Tony has a focus on financial services and financial transactions. Tony has advised clients on a wide range of tax matters, including innovative financial products, mergers and acquisitions, cross-border dealings, transfer pricing, tax audits and negotiations with the Australian Taxation Office. Tony has also advised clients on various OBU matters over many years, and is part of the consultation group set up by Treasury to discuss changes to the OBU rules announced in the previous government’s 2013-14 Budget. Current at 18 October 2013
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Tony FROST.
Further details about this event: