Published on 17 Feb 04
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This seminar paper covers the following topics:
- legislative basis for audit activities- what can be the subject of an audit
- policies and approach in relation to conduct of audits
- powers of reassessment and imposition of penalties
- scope of legal professional privilege
- liabilities of directors and officers
- Taxpayers' Charter of Rights?
Anastasia currently practices at the Bar in NSW, principally in areas of revenue law, equity and commercial law. After being admitted as a Solicitor in 1984, she has done a variety of commercial, financing and revenue law work. In 2002 she joined Ernst & Young following the mergerbetween Ernst & Young and former Andersen firm. Here, Anastasia worked on a number of large transactions - Acquisitions and disposals of assets, floats and company group reorganisations.
Current at 18 May 2010
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Anastasia TSEKOUROS.
Alan is a Manager of Operations Audit branch in compliance for the NSW Office of State Revenue. His main responsibility is to manage the major compliance audit projects, primarily in the areas of payroll tax and stamp duties. Current at 08 December 2003
Further details about this event: