Published on 22 Jul 09
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers topics such as:
- what is a DTA?
- the broad principles applied under the Allocation Articles
- what are the taxes covered by the DTA?
- is the taxpayer covered by the DTA?
- business profits
- passive income
- annuities and pensions
- what methods are there in place to avoid double taxation?
- what procedures are in place to assist in the effective administration of cross-border
Professor Robert Deutsch, CTA. In addition to his role as Senior Tax Counsel at The Tax Institute Professor Deutsch is currently a Deputy President of the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT), and for over 20 years he was a Professor in Taxation Law with the University of New South Wales. He specialises in taxation matters, with a special emphasis on international tax and has experience as a solicitor with a major national law firm, as an independent barrister, and as a director with a major accounting firm. Professor Deutsch has deep expertise in both tax practice and tax education, developed over many years at the highest levels. This gives him a unique perspective that enables him to represent The Tax Institute with authority and integrity.
- Current at
05 December 2017