Published on 17 Oct 13
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Over the last twelve months a number of transfer pricing reforms have been legislated in Australia with prospective and retrospective impact. The aim of these reforms is to better align our laws with OECD international standards. They are also aimed at ensuring MNC’s pay an appropriate amount of tax in Australia and will feature in the Australian Government’s response to BEPS.
This paper covers:
- overview of the new transfer pricing legislation
- transactions and structures most impacted
- increased disclosure and transparency
- TP within a BEPs world – the next 12 months
- implications for corporate governance and dispute resolution.