Published on 11 May 06
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Topics covered in this paper include:
- business-related costs
- what is new?
- comparing the old to the new provision
- examples of capital expenditure previously capitalised and now deductible
- exceptions and limitations
- interaction with the consolidation regime
- termination of a lease or licence - when can the five year write off apply?
- CGT amendments - changes to the cost base provisions
- uniform capital allowances - how they are affected by the Bill.
Neil is Senior Tax Partner with the New South
Wales partnership of HLB Mann Judd, an Australasian group of
chartered accounting firms. Neil’s practice involves advising on all
aspects of income tax, fringe benefits tax, and goods and services
tax law to a range of clients. He also provides specialist tax support
to a number of smaller accounting practices. He is a member of
The Tax Institute among other professional bodies and is a former
New South Wales State Chairman of The Tax Institute.
- Current at
30 August 2017