Published on 03 Mar 09
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- why have a buy-sell agreement
- outline of buy-sell agreements
- mandatory vs optional agreements
- trigger events
- CGT issues in relation to timing of CGT Events
- CGT issues relating to non arm's length dealings
- who bears the insurance risk
- renewal / updating of agreed valuations.
John is principal of his own commercial and tax legal practice John Levy Lawyers. John has particular expertise in structuring business enterprises, documenting asset acquisitions and advising a broad range of tax and revenue (including income tax, capital gains tax and stamp duty).
- Current at
12 January 2017