Published on 03 Mar 09
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- why have a buy-sell agreement
- outline of buy-sell agreements
- mandatory vs optional agreements
- trigger events
- CGT issues in relation to timing of CGT Events
- CGT issues relating to non arm's length dealings
- who bears the insurance risk
- renewal / updating of agreed valuations.
John is Partner in charge of the Commercial Division of O’Loughlins Lawyers with particular expertise in structuring business enterprises, documenting asset acquisitions and advising a broad range of tax and revenue (including income tax, capital gains tax and stamp duty).
Current at 3 March 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by John LEVY.
Further details about this event: