Published on 09 Nov 06
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- the business succession plan
- maximising the benefits under the small business CGT concessions, including updates
- buy/sell agreements
- getting cash out of corporate structures
- share buy backs
- capital reductions
- dividends (and dividend access shares)
- liquidation and demerger strategies
- consolidation issues.
Justin is a partner at HopgoodGanim Lawyers and heads up their taxation and revenue team. He advises on a wide range of complex taxation issues including income tax, CGT, GST and stamp duty. With qualifications and extensive experience in both law and accounting, he is uniquely placed to provide practical and commercial tax solutions for a range of clients from individuals and small business owners to large corporations and government. He is also experienced in negotiating with the Tax Office in relation to tax disputes as well as conducting tax litigation in the AAT and Federal Court.
- Current at
30 August 2017