Published on 31 Jul 12
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Business succession planning might be the most dynamic and varied multi-disciplinary process that we get involved in. This paper highlioghts a number of key issues facing private businesses and families and the author shares experiences so as to identify possible practical solutions.
This paper covers:
- What is to be achieved, by who, when and responsibilities?
- How, where we start and what information we need
- Common tax issues
- How buy-sell agreements might be used
- Financing change and remunerating the family
- The family office
- Transferring control of family trusts.