Published on 08 Aug 06
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers the following:
- structuring the business succession plan
- funding the exit including Div 7A issues and traps
- ensuring cash flow in retirement
- structuring for non-family buyouts
- wills and the business succession strategy
- maximising benefits of CGT small business concessions
- buy/sell agreements.
This paper was originally presented at the ‘Estate Asset & Business Succession Planning’ seminar held in Brisbane on 19 August 2004. It contains some minor updates made for presentation at the ‘Estate Planning’ seminar held in Brisbane on 8 August 2006.
Mark is a tax partner at BDO and a member of The Tax Institute’s Large Business & International Technical Subcommittee and the Queensland State Technical Committee. He is also a member of the expert advisory panel to the Board of Taxation and The Tax Institute’s representative on the ATO’s Private Groups Stakeholder Group. Mark has many years of experience in advising taxpayers with respect to all areas of taxation, including CGT, FBT and income tax. He also provides taxation advice to other smaller accounting and legal practices in respect of their clients.
- Current at
30 August 2017