Published on 27 Mar 08
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- will a "dutiable transaction" arise on the creation, trade or surrender of carbon rights?
- types of carbon rights: are they land or contract interests?
- how are landrich duty analyses affected?
- what are the GST implications on the creation, trade or surrender of carbon rights?
- when is there a taxable supply, and when is there an input taxed financial supply?
Harry is a Barrister. After 22 years practising as a solicitor and partner in national law firms, Harry commenced at the Queensland Bar in 2005. His practice includes a particular focus on Australia-wide state taxes and duties, as well as direct and indirect federal taxes. He has been a regular presenter at state and national conferences for The Tax Institute.
- Current at
31 March 2017