Published on 14 Nov 03
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This seminar paper:
- compares asset purchases versus buying shares - minimising CGT and stamp duty
- identifies the vendor's tax profile and its impact on the purchase price eg. pre CGT shares/assets; earn out arrangements
- develops tax effective strategies in funding the purchase - superannuation; post acquisition dividends
- lists issues in minimising tax on business profits - income splitting; loss utilisation
- considers the flexibility of structures to accommodate change - succession planning; loss recoupment, asset protection
- determines the best exit strategy on setting up a structure - maximising CGT discount and small business concessions.
Mark is a Senior Tax Manager with PKF Melbourne. He has over 19 years experience consulting to a wide array of clients on a full range of complex tax matters. He is also a regular speaker on issues impacting
SMEs including the application of Division 7A and the debt/equity rules, and the availability of CGT concessions.
- Current at
07 June 2011