Published on 29 Jul 13
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Superannuation, Estate Planning & SMSF Succession are now of vital importance but are areas often overlooked/little understood – your clients are looking for certainty in relation to who is to receive and who will control their Super following incapacity or death.
This paper considers:
- estate planning & super – basic principles
- who can receive/SIS Dependants?
- tax/non tax dependants
- death benefit direction/payment options
- use of Binding Death Benefit Nominations
- SMSF Succession Planning/SMSF Control on death/incapacity.
Phil McGovern, CTA is a Partner with Mellor Olsson working in their Estate Planning & Commercial Division. Phil has in excess of 30 years' experience working with clients across a wide spectrum of industries and occupations, including clients involved in business, professionals and families generally, whom he assists in the Commercial and Transactional Law, Asset Protection, Estate and Succession Planning and Estate Administration fields.
- Current at
12 August 2013