Published on 12 Aug 08
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- what happens when someone dies, i.e., in the estate administration context?
- what are the duties and responsibilities of executors?
- the steps to be taken to ensure that the executor carries out the terms of the will of the deceased
- "housekeeping hints" for executors
- what happens if you die without a will?
Cathy Caveney is a Wills and Estate Officer with Mellor Olsson having been employed in the wills and estate area since 1979. Cathy has had more than 25 years experience in handling and advising in the administration of deceased estates and obtaining grants of probate and letters of administration and the preparation of wills, enduring powers of attorney and enduring powers of guardianship for clients.
Current at 12 August 2008 Current at 01 September 2008